Most software projects nowadays get implemented by multiple people/teams working in multiple geo-locations and time zones. How does one collaborate, plan and track the project in terms of modules, peoples and milestones?
Since I've had a few queries on this subject, I thought I'd publish this list here. I have personally used ZoHo (recent), AceProject and Quickbase. Some are free, some paid, some hosted and some open-source. So just make your pick
- Lots of Ajax.
- Time track, gantt charts etc... feature rich.
- Free signup.
- Subscription plans starting from $0 to $80 per month.
- Used by many firms.
- Solid and simple time tested framework and interface.
- Available as hosted solution or in source code!
- An exhaustive list of features.
- Upgradeable free starter subscription.
- Subscription from $0 to $99 per month.
- Free! (Do make a donation)
- OS Agnostic
4. SourceForge Enterprise
- Integration with svn (subversion) is a great feature.
- Free download for upto 16 users.
- Very powerful
- Used much by Fortune 100 companies (so says its site)
- IT projects management is just a part of its wider array of offerings
- I guess its the costliest of the lot (need to confirm though)